Thursday, April 19, 2012

Prayer

This week in bible study we taked about prayer.

Prayer...
What a powerful thing to do.
I never understood it before-- I didn't understand WHAT prayer was. I grew up thinking prayer was the Apostles Creed, or the Our Father. These were prayers...that I'd memorized, growing up-- so "praying" for someone didn't make sense to me. How would you PRAY for someone, while reciting the Our Father? It didn't make sense to me.

What "script" was I to follow? What lines was I to rehearse?
easy--I wasn't.

That's the thing. it's from MY HEART.
It's become my time to have a conversation with God. My time to talk to him. There is an article on Focus on the family (http://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/faith_in_life/prayer.aspx) that states: " Biblically speaking, God is a personal being. This is critical to prayer because it means that God is a person we can interact with.."

"Lord, teach us to pray." –Luke 11:1

To ask for forgiveness, to make amends.

MY time to shower HIM with glory. Telling HIM how awesome he is. How much HE fills me with JOY. to thank God.

It's also my time for supplication- to make requests humbly.
"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment