Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This Sunday...3/18/2012

This Sunday, 3/18/2012, I'll get Baptized as an adult.


I was raised Roman Catholic. There were times (ages/ grades) where you participated certain rites of passage, such as getting Christened, Communion, Confirmation, Marriage, Last Rites. it was a progression of This is just WHAT you did at this age. I didn't understand WHY I was doing something, or WHAT it meant to GOD. I just did it. My church growing up preached the gospel. I can honestly say I know very little about the parts of the Bible, stories from the Bible, and I was okay going through ceremonies at Church NOT knowing WHY I was doing them. Catholics say that they are Baptizing Children, and it is usually done within the first year of being borm.  But really---it's a child Dedication. it's a Christening, that you are dedicating your life as a parent to help in raising this child's life to have God In it. I support this child dedication.... but don't confuse it with Churches allow for Baptizing to be allowed for children. I LOVE how much church does not support this. They strongly discourage children to get baptized, and even high schoolers are done on a case by case basis.
I feel strongly that you need to have been in deep despair to be accepting of Christ, and to ask him to be your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment